Monday, September 14, 2009

“Does Everyone Know What Time It Is?”* (Dateline May 2005)

(My thanks to Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor - I now know what time it is!)

“Ok, round ‘em up, head ‘em out! It’s bed time! Nicholas - clean up your mess! Tanner - leave the cat alone! Annelise - upstairs! Alexandra! Simone! Time to pee!”

“Yes, right now.”

"No, you can finish tomorrow."

"Yes you can..."

"Ok, you can do it after school."

"Now."

"Right now."

"I SAID RIGHT NOW!"Luc**, I’ll be right back - just sit there for a minute and I will get your bath started. Nicholas leave the cat alone! Did you pee? Why are youstill standing there? Move! Faster! A little faster! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

"Tanner - did you pee? Luc, I’m coming...Annelise! Time for bed!! Alexandra - no, you are too heavy for daddy to car upstairs. You don’t want to rip his hernia any more, do you?"

"It’s a rip in the muscle....no, his tummy won’t fall out on the floor - it’s still connected....Look - I’ll get the anatomy book out tomorrow - it’stime for bed!"

"Luc, hang on, I’m coming. Luc? Are you sleeping in your spaghetti plate? Wake up! You’re blowing tomato bubbles! Ok? Ok...I’ll be right back."

"Nicholas are you in bed? Tanner - why are you peeing for the 5th time in 10 minutes? Alexandra! Get out from under my bed! The cat is not STUCK!"

"Simone - where are you? Ok, I love you. Good night."

"Annelise - all tucked in? I love you too..."

"Alexandra - leave the cat alone....no you can’t have 14 more blankets - we wouldn’t be able to find you in the morning. "

"I’m just kidding! Calm down! I love you too..."

"Nicholas, stop fighting with Tanner! Tanner, stop scaring your brother! Kisses...I love you too...Good night...."

"Luc? Luc! Get your head out of your bowl! I’m hurrying...I know you’re tired... Yes, you can sleep through your bath...Just don’t breath when I shampoo your hair. Yes, that’s the goey stuff I put in your hair...no, it doesn’t come in green...I know you like green...No, they don’t have boy shampoo...no, you don’t smell like me....Yes, I’m sure..."

"We already told Daddy you pooped the potty. You want to tell him again? OK...DAVE! Luc pooped the potty today!" (Giggling in the background...)

"Yes, I am very proud of you. I love you too. Yes tomorrow is school. No, you can’t have hot lunch...because I’m broke...because I have too many kids...because I must be nuts....I love you too..."

"Nicholas! GET BACK IN BED! TANNER! LEAVE THE CAT ALONE!"

"Dave, I can hear myself think...are the kids asleep?"

WAHOO!

“And to all a goodnight”.

** Luc (pronounced 'Luke" ) has Cerebral Palsy and has to be carried (that's his picture up top). He is sooo patient. He recently got potty trained(he's 6). When he giggles, it's a full body wiggle! Too funny! And, yes, we are very proud of him. (Adopted from Taiwan 10/04 at 5 yrs old). Florida Home Studies and Adoption. Tell Bonnie I sent you..

No comments:

Post a Comment