Monday, September 14, 2009

Ever notice… (Dateline April, 2004)

Ever notice just when you are about to totally loose your cool because your kids did the same dumb thing for the millionth time that day and you are hoarse from telling them to stop that something always stops you from extreme violence?

It's true about what they say about kids knowing which buttons to push...but my kids have discovered one more button I didn't know I had.

My son, recently home from Taiwan, is learning English in phrases, not single words. And, as anyone who has brought home an "older child" knows - their behaviors don't always reflect what you want them to be doing. So this son (who is 5) just pulled another big time no-no (and I'm being nice about this). And just when I'm starting to loose it (and forget that yelling is a waste of time on someone who doesn't speak English) he pops up with "I love you mommie".

Talk about a reality check! (Other kids have started it too... maybe I'm not so bad after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment